Saturday, September 8, 2012


This is a historic picture of the rare "belly button bagel". Only once every few million bagels is it ever found by the average bagel eater.


This post is to accomplish 2 things: Try to answer some of the typical college student asked questions and tell my family and friends (who I will be visiting in 2 weeks!!) what I want for my birthday. This is the most effective way to share that knowledge, if you have never given me a birthday gift or plan to, then the second half of this post you can simply skip.

How do I like Trinity/campus: It is a beautiful school, perfect size, the professors are very caring and want to know each of us individually. Everyone here is insanely nice, lots of activities, and decent food :) My favorite is either the pasta or sandwich bar.

How do I like my Professors: 
1) My history professor (Prof. Fry) is my favorite to look at, he has very interesting body/facial proportions as well as a unique way of speaking. He looks like what a rat would look like if they were turned into human form. But I mean that as an observation only, He is my favorite Professor so far! He has been very kind though, easy to talk to, and he had my name learned by the second week. 
2) English (Prof Dielemen) is a woman from Canada so she has a beautiful accent that is a gentle blend of French and British. She is as thin as a pencil and has worn a different, very colorful dress to class everyday - even though the room is freezing. I feel like my writing skills have already advanced after just a few classes which is an amazing feeling, but she is a very rigid woman. I don't get the impression any sort of excuse of any kind will fly with her. 
3) Pastor Bill is my theology teach and he has a white kinky beard all the way down to his collar bone. It is a very impressive growth of hair. He loves talking about his family, in love with his wife, and just simply gives a sermon the entire class. So they go slow - but I still think he is a peach. 
4) Prof Thompson is my final professor. He looks like he has barely squeaked to the age of 20 and is brand new to Trinity. He obviously is older than that, I am assume around 27ish, from what he has told us, but still - baby face. He talks in a consistent monotone and dresses every day in a fashionable button up, colored pants, and styled leather shoes and rocks a typical boy-band haircut. I hope to get the most out of his classes, he teaches both of my art classes, so fingers crossed I can make art that is 'A' worthy as well as learning new things.

How do I like my classes: My Gen. Ed. classes are easy enough, a very manageable amount of HW everyday. English is the most interactive class. And Art is just a long day. Its 5 hours of sitting in concrete rooms. Hopefully once projects pick up - so will time.

Everyone there nice?: Yes. Extremely. Its harder to be excluded by people than anything else.

Do you like your roommates: Its an unusual mix of girls, but we all have gotten along really well. Dana shares the room with me and even though she certainly made an entrance her first few days here, we really have started to get along :) We eat  lunch together sometimes, talk about boys, and share food. And she is my favorite :) Holly and Kaitlynn are in the room next door so I don't see them as much. Holly is the mystery roommate who I never see and talk to, and Kaitlynn and I text, and I listen to her talk about either an injury she has received recently or how much she misses her family.

I hope this covers at least your initial questions for my college experience!

____________________________________________________________________

Birthday list for family and friends (Who want to know this information, please ignore if you have no interest in giving me things of this world)

  • Season 2 and 3 of Chuck (all the seasons would be a dream come true, but those 2 are a need)
  • CLOTHES!!!! I am a medium in usually everything!!! Shirts -plain, colorful, patterned - anything beautiful! Hippie/Long skirts too :) (Ask Martha, she knows my taste pretty well)
  • Jewelry :) You can never go wrong here - the more extreme the better
  • Makeup - Think out of the ordinary here. Colorful eyeliner, Lipsticks that aren't typical colors, sparkly eye shadow 
  • Movies: Id really love to own 300, Thor, Captain America and the AVENGERS (it comes out the 25th of Sept!!!!!!)
  • Tv Series: The Batman (the THE is very important) Teen Titans, Justice League, 
  • The classic gift card to Target is never a bad thing either :)

Txt me if you need more ideas or specifications on items.






No comments:

Post a Comment